2020 Meeting of Associations and Therapeutic Riding Centers
On January 20, the thirteenth Annual Meeting of Equine-Assisted Therapy Associations was held, a meeting between professionals from different institutions that work in the field of Therapeutic Riding in Spain.
As in previous editions, it was organized by Fundación para la Promoción del Deporte Ecuestre Sports in collaboration with Fundación Caballo Amigo.
Once again, Club de Campo Villa de Madrid hosted this Meeting, which began at 11:00 h. with the expositions of the various projects, a manifesto of some general conclusions, and a lunch for those present. The Meeting ended at around 4:00 p.m.
The main objectives towards which this annual meeting is oriented are the following:
- To put in contact all the representatives of institutions conducting Equestrian Activities oriented to individuals with special needs.
- To gather information about the real needs of institutions and professionals, so the Foundation can assist them with technical advice and support.
- To discuss problems shared by the Equestrian Therapy community in our country.
- To establish bonds towards the development of joint programs among the different institutions.
- To collect sponsorship applications for projects to be developed in 2020.
This meeting raises the opportunity to share knowledge and impressions that allow to strengthen the field of Equine-Assisted Interventions as a discipline, and to establish new ideas to carry out in its sessions.
All this has been possible thanks to the support of the Equine-Assisted Interventions associations that attended the Meeting from multiple points of the Spanish geography, showing their great interest in opting for a collaboration with the Fundación para la Promoción del Deporte Ecuestre Sports by exposing their activities and projects for 2020.
In total, 28 attendees from the following entities:
- Asociación Katuka
- Asociación Psicoanimal
- Asociación Al Paso
- Asociación ITA
- Federación Navarra de Deportes Adaptados
- Plena Inclusión Don Benito
- ASPACE Baleares
- Centro Interactúa Almería
- Centro Nazareno de Terapias Ecuestres La Herradura
- Fundación Carlos Espigares
- Aldeas Infantiles SOS
- Equura Terapias Ecuestres
- Fundación Caballo Amigo