2018 Meeting of the Hippotherapy Associations
As every year, Fundación para la Promoción del Deporte Ecuestre and Fundación Caballo Amigo have worked together in the organization of the XI Annual Meeting of Hippo-therapy Associations, held last January 22nd. These Meetings gather professionals from the different institutions working in the field of therapeutic riding in Spain.
The Meeting was celebrated at Club de Campo Villa de Madrid, stating at 11:00 a.m. with the presentation of the different projects, followed by final conclusions and a luncheon. The meeting was closed about 16:00 p.m.
The main goals pursued with this annual meeting were:
- To put in contact all the representatives of institutions conducting Equestrian Activities oriented to individuals with special needs.
- To gather information about the real needs of institutions and professionals, so the Foundation can assist them with technical advice and support.
- To discuss problems shared by the Equestrian Therapy community in our country.
- To establish bonds towards the development of joint programs among the different institutions.
- To collect sponsorship applications for projects to be developed in 2018.
Equine Therapy Associations have made the meeting a success with their support, arriving from all over the country to present the projects and activities that are seeking the cooperation of Fundación para la Promoción del Deporte Ecuestre in 2018.
Also, this meeting intends to be a forum for discussion, a place to exchange opinions and knowledge, broadening perspectives and feeding new ideas, among professionals who share their interest in Horse Assisted therapies but have different backgrounds and professional experience.