II Encuentro Nacional de Terapia Asistida con Caballos e Hípica Adaptada (II National Conference on Horse Assisted Therapies and Adapted Riding) – Asociación Equitación como Terapia
A cooperation agreement was signed between Fundación para la Promoción del Deporte Ecuestre and Asociación Equitación como Terapia to work on the II Encuentro Nacional de Terapia Asistida con Caballos e Hípica Adaptada (II National Conference on Horse Assisted Therapies and Adapted Riding), which is the second of the association’s projects supported by the Foundation in 2017.
On Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th of October, Asociación Equitación como Terapia, with the University of Alcalá de Henares, and the participation of the Centre for Olympic Studies at UAH, the Spanish Olympic Academy, the Spanish Olympic Committee, and the Spanish Horse Riding Federation (in paralympic discipline), held at the School of Physical Activity and Sports of Alcalá de Henares, and at Montenegro Riding Club, the II Encuentro Nacional de Terapia Asistida con Caballos e Hípica Adaptada (II National Conference on Horse Assisted Therapies and Adapted Riding), was oriented to amateurs, professionals in the fields of Equine Therapy and other Therapies for functional diversity, horse owners and students; a total of 62 participants.
Among the lecturers were:
- Coby Bolger, specialist in horse nutrition and handling.
- Marta García and Mar de Echevarría from Equidinamia, a veterinarian specialised in Equine Physiotherapy and a Physiotherapist, respectively.
- Jorge Sánchez Sánchez, Veterinarian, Professor at University Alfonso X El Sabio, and Director of Horse Clinic La Sierra.
- David Russ, Human Relations and Communications Consultant, Coach, and expert in Natural Dressage.
- Nuria Gómez González, Veterian, founder of Asociación Equitación como Terapia, Equine Therapist and Paraequestrian trainer.
- Beatriz Muros, Member of the Faculty of the Educational Sciences Department at the University of Alcalá, and coordinator of INEPOC Research Group I.
With this conference, Fundación para la Promoción del Deporte Ecuestre strives to facilitate access to education and training on horse related issues to professionals interested in Horse Assisted Therapies.