Technique and Style Class at Sotogrande Hípica
As a continuation to the sportive activities of the Foundation to Promote Equestrian Sports beginning in March at the R.C. Pineda of Seville, last 4th June, the Horse-Riding facilities of Sotogrande in Cádiz hosted the second technique and style assessment for the competition schedule for year 2011.
Repeating the organization and attendance success of previous years, 27 horsemen and horsewomen gathered at the Sotogrande track to display their skills in a trail built under the regulations governing this type of assessments by the Technical Director of the center, Mr. José Rodríguez Sánchez.
The assessments were judged by María Auxiliadora Carrión and Fernando Osborne Diez, both with outstanding speed and criteria.
In the 1* (one-star) level, the results were:
- First place: Daniella Spencer with horse “Natty Go”.
- Second place: Almudena Martín de Oliva with horse “Uszur”.
- Third place: Chanel Foster with horse “Fisterra”.
In the 2** (two-star) level, the following results were obtained:
- First place, with horse “Air Balia”, horsewoman Sophia Luders Gibbs.
- Second place: Almudena Martín de Oliva, this time with horse “Leaper Cachemira”.
- Third place: Max Schot with horse “Paris”.
The winners of the competition were given different cash prizes by the organization, as well as rosettes and blankets for the horses.
The Foundation to Promote Equestrian Sports promotes encourages holding assessments in this modality, conceived to improve the competitive technique of the young promises in the sport so that, with time and experience, they can reach the top.